A bulldozer or dozer is a type of tractor which uses a metal plate to push large quantities of earth material. They are generally attached with a 'ripper' on the rear-end which can be used to rip up material while it moves.
In mining, dozers have many uses including:
- Excavator, Shovel and Dragline assistance
- Building roads and tracks
- Constructing waste dumps
- Preliminary road or ramp grading
- Ripping and pushing coal
- Movement of rocks or heavy material
- Towing and positioning of heavy equipment or machinery
- Levelling and preparation of materials for excavations (e.g. dozer push)
- Rehad Operations
Track Dozer Photos:
Wheel Dozer Photos:
For more information specifically about bulldozers, click here.